Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I Am Hip Again

So now I have a QR Code for Rant Sack. This is me trying to be cool and updated with technology and trends. But then I soon found out it was stupid.

Firstly, you'd see this post from Facebook from your computer or phone. Then you'll hit the link and will be taken to my blog posts. You don't need to use this QR Code. Even if you want to use the Code, you wouldn't borrow someone else's phone to scan this Code and then read from his/her phone right. That would be stupid.

Then if you are on your PC/Mac, you won't purposely take out your phone or tablet to read this Code and then read my post from them because it'll be stupid to prefer smaller screens. Then who would point his/her webcam at the monitor and let the Code take them to my site when some simple rantsack.blogspot.com would be easier?

So yes this QR Code is stupid and pointless. But I create one and tell you guys I have one and flaunt it around anyway because it somehow makes me cooler than pre-QR morons. Kind of like what everyone is doing these days. They only send their resumes to Fortune 500 Companies as if they're worth that much. They want fancy titles on their name cards as if it'll earn them more money. They buy expensive cars they honestly don't even like because it'll make them look superior. They swing expensive handbags and timepieces around, hoping that people would get jealous of their success.

Why are you so uncertain of yourselves? Why do you have so little confidence in yourselves? Why do you become bossy only when you're behind the B+R, BMW and LV? Why do you say you'd rather be caught dead than own a Kancil? If anything your flaunting of expensive goods only show how fragile and scared you really are.

Like this QR Code I have above. Sure it looks good, sure it shows I'm up to date in tech trends. But it's utterly pointless. It also shows that I am so uncertain of my writing ability that I need gimmicks like these to attract crowd.

Have you ever wanted something because you truly believe it will set you free? Have you ever bought something you love so much and never showed it to anyone else or bragged about it at all? Have you ever not thought of what people around you will think and say when deciding on a purchase? Who do you live for, yourself or everyone else?

Wake up, stand up, and grow a pair. Confidence is not shown in the brands you carry with you, rather your ability to carry yourself in its absense. The next time you bump into a Myvi driver, don't assume he/she's poor. Their other car could be a 458 Italia which they own because they actually know how to drive a sportscar.

While you're contemplating life and re-evaluating your priorities, I will continue to market my new QR Code. Not because I know of a way to make it useful, but because I am an insecure retard like you. And like you, I harness confidence in stupid pointless things like my new and awesome QR Code.


No comments:

Post a Comment